Not ready to apply?
Please sign up to join our Talent Community or update your profile HERE >.
Columbia/Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Job ID: 6697
Date published: 8-Aug-2019
Operations Clerk/Logistics Assistant
This position is responsible for performing a wide variety of clerical and administrative functions for the department. This position provides administrative support for the procurement processes within scope of responsibility.
- Maintain good receipts, and filing of all documents
- Coordinates LTL and truckload shipments
- Utilizes SAP to monitor order requirements
- Prepares shipments by allocating, printing order pick papers, bills of lading, export papers and material data safety sheets as needed
- Prints and verifies customer specific and regulatory labeling.
- Generates and distributes certificates of analysis
- Signs drivers out when loading completed.
- Inputs shipment details into SAP
- Monitors the Silica Samples requests and fulfills as needed.
- Input product requisitions
- Reconciles consignment billing
The successful candidate will be detail oriented, able to communicate effectively across all levels of organization, meet customers’ needs in a timely manner and work efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision.
To be successful in this position, qualified candidates will have:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 -4 years of experience in an administrative or related logistics experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Work with multiple priorities in a fast paced, high demand environment and work in a high profile position under limited direct supervision
- Must have excellent communication (verbal and written) ability and facilitation skills
- Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, Power point, and SAP
- Ability to wear requisite PPE
Grace is an EOE employer. M/W/V/D encouraged to apply. Drug Free Workplace!