Not ready to apply?
Please sign up to join our Talent Community or update your profile HERE >.
Recruitment Coordinator I - Contract/Associate
Granite City, IL, United States
Job ID: 6875
Date published: 12-Sep-2018
The Recruitment Coordinator I, under moderate supervision, provides assistance to one or more recruiters on basic administrative tasks related to the full life-cycle recruitment process, focusing on enabling the team to effectively meet expectations, and ensuring a positive and efficient experience for prospective candidates. Typically, responsible for one or more client accounts with a low volume of open requisitions variable upon required skillset as defined by the client.
- Initiates requisitions and/or assists with facilitating appropriate approvals for requisitions.
- Schedules candidates for telephone and/or face-to-face interviews and orientations.
- Administers electronic candidate assessments and pre-screens candidates according to identified qualification standards.
- Enters and tracks candidate data in various electronic systems and runs standard reports as required.
- Administers pre-employment activities, including, but not limited to, coordinating forms, applications, offer letters and expense reports, drug testing, background and reference checks, and security clearance validation.
- Coordinates the preparation of and/or assists with the distribution of new hire informational packets.
- Audits candidate files to ensure required records are completed and entered into the appropriate electronic systems.
- Fields general, straight forward inquiries from candidates and hiring managers; escalates inquiries to senior team members and/or management as necessary.
- Assists with coordinating logistics for recruiting events, such as job fairs, open houses, and invitation-only events.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of zero (0) to two (2) years of administrative support experience.
- Previous experience utilizing Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and/or Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Skilled in preparing clear and concise documents, including, but not limited to reports, correspondences, and other written materials.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously while meeting assigned deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle highly sensitive/confidential information.
- Ability to function effectively with or as part of a team.
- Ability to perform accurately in a detail oriented environment.
- Ability to demonstrate effective customer services skills.
- Ability to maintain a basic understanding of and compliance with related federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of and the ability to demonstrate effective office practices and etiquette.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Proficient with electronic recruiting and sourcing resources, such as customer relationship management (CRM) tools, applicant tracking systems (ATS), and job boards.