Not ready to apply?
Please sign up to join our Talent Community or update your profile HERE >.
HR Generalist/Benefits Administrator
Herndon, VA, United States
Job ID: 6356
Date published: 23-May-2018
Pontoon is looking for a Senior HR Generalist/ Benefits Administrator for a client in Herndon, VA. This is a permanent position, onsite every day. This individual will be responsible for all general HR functions as well as providing Benefits Administration to the employees and the team members..
HR Generalist will support to all functions of HR including onboarding and termination, employee relations, compensation administration, compliance and reporting, and HR administration. This position will take the lead for benefits administration for the company, operating as the benefits subject matter expert and a liaison between benefits brokers, vendors and employees and advises employees on eligibility, coverage and other benefit matters.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the day-to-day benefit administration including employee inquiries, new enrollments and termination of coverage for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, disability, 401(k), FSA, commuter benefits and COBRA administration.
- Manages Service Contract Act employee benefits and communications
- Manages and oversees Health and Wellness initiatives and works with provider to maximize benefits and opportunities.
- Provides monthly communication to the organization, highlighting benefits or health and wellness initiatives.
- Leads and administers annual benefits open enrollment to include setting up HRIS and file feeds, enrollment meetings to include scheduling providers, communications, materials and presentation.
- Maintains and develops content on the employee portal and company intranet, especially as it pertains to employee benefits.
- Administers Workers Compensation.
- Reconciles monthly benefits invoices/premiums.
- Responsible for ACA reporting using 3rd party vendor.
- Provides benefit plan document mailings and required notifications.
- Administers FMLA cases and tracks employee leaves (STD, LTD, ADA required leave, etc.)
- Manages ADA, disability and FMLA paperwork to staff and communicates with disability carrier.
- Ensures compliance with EEO, ADA, FMLA, FLSA, USERRA, ERISA and other state and federal employment laws.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5-7 years’ solid HR Generalist experience, with significant experience in benefits required to include Service Contract Act administration.
- Bachelor's Degree, Human Resources or related field preferred.
- PHR/SPHR, SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP or other HR certifications preferred.
- Must have experience with HRMS/HRIS, UltiPro preferred.
- Prior Government contracting experience a plus.
- Experience working in an ISO or CMMI certified company a plus.
- Basic knowledge of principles and practices of the Human Resources function to include a solid understanding of compliance requirements related to Section 125, ERISA, HIPAA, and COBRA and federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, interpersonal, interpersonal) and ability to build strong relationships, gaining the confidence and respect of peers.
- A strong solutions focus and the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions.
- Critical thinking and problem solving capability.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A self-starter, with strong initiative, excellent attention to detail, and a dedication to follow up and follow through with ability to multi-task, shift priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must have a can-do attitude and be able to work collaboratively with the team.
- Computer literacy - Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Open: We are direct and honest. We say what we do and do what we say. Transparent about everything we do, we always behave with the highest level of integrity towards our customers, partners and each other.
Courageous: Empowered to speak our minds and unafraid of challenging ourselves. We’re confident in our creativity and determined to excel.
Dedicated: We emotionally invest in our work and our clients’ business to create positive impact. We love what we do.
Calm: Our brand communicates a sense of calm whenever it’s presented to the world. Notably reassuring, it comes from our understanding of what our clients need and our vast experience in delivering it.
Confident: Our communications have a straightforward confidence to them. The fact is, we don’t speak unless we have something relevant and original to say. We are viewed as authoritative, never arrogant.
Spirited: Our communications are spirited and dynamic, we seek to engage our audience, not patronize them. Always respectful, we like to inject a touch of wit where appropriate.
Pontoon, with corporate headquarters in Jacksonville, Florida, United States is the global leader in workforce solutions. Pontoon specializes in Contingent Workforce Solutions, Recruitment Process Outsourcing and Workforce Consulting. Operating with nearly 1,000 colleagues worldwide, Pontoon currently delivers talent management solutions in 74 countries for its 100-plus clients, a global client base that is broader and deeper than the industry has experienced to date. Pontoon is one of the largest worldwide MSPs, and has been named the #3 global enterprise providers of RPO services.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.