Not ready to apply?
Please sign up to join our Talent Community or update your profile HERE >.
Team Lead - Direct Hire/Colleague
Houston, TX, United States
Job ID: 6861
Date published: 10-Sep-2018
The Team Lead manages two or more full-time employees and is accountable for the full life-cycle of recruitment for one or more clients, with a focus on meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations as identified by Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and ensuring a positive and efficient experience for prospective candidates.
- Manages the identification, development and implementation of sourcing and recruiting strategies.
- Leads the identification of performance goals, analyzes performance metrics and assesses team member performance; coaches team members and shares feedback for development.
- Serves as an escalation point of contact for employee relations issues as necessary.
- Oversees adherence to standard operating procedures and best practices and ensures compliance, process and quality consistency.
- Acts as a liaison with a client’s hiring managers and leadership to discuss performance and ensure the achievement of goals; partners with Account Managers to lead meetings with clients to discuss performance and/or violations of Operating Level Agreements (OLAs).
- Conducts operational analyses, including pipeline health, process and workflow, and provides direction to teams on short and long-term opportunities for optimization.
- Determines priorities and continually monitors performance according to client commitments, as well as internal financial targets/projections.
- Determines or is provided with staffing needs of one or more clients and negotiates and establishes reasonable commitments; resolves issues with client(s) regarding unreasonable commitments.
- Oversees and manages logistics for recruiting events, such as job fairs, open houses, and invitation-only events.
- Collaborates with team members to develop and maintain a unified approach to talent sourcing and recruitment.
- Trains and provides guidance on industry best practices, as well as client-specific needs and expectations, to less experienced team members.
- Proactively establishes and maintains beneficial business relationships through networking with industry contacts, association members, trade groups, employment groups and/or social media.
- Oversees the initiation and/or facilitation of requisitions, including obtaining appropriate approvals; may handle or lead the recruitment for escalated requisitions.
- Oversees pre- and post-hire activities, including compliance, candidate relationship management, and reporting.
- Directly and/or indirectly coaches, trains, and supervises employees, including fostering an environment that promotes personal and professional development.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum five (5) years of agency and/or corporate recruiting experience, one (1) of which includes customer relationship management experience delivering recruitment solutions in an outsourced model; or equivalent combination of post high school education and experience.
- Previous leadership experience, as well as experience utilizing Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and/or Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously while meeting assigned deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle highly sensitive/confidential information.
- Ability to function effectively with or as part of a team.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking based on in-depth data, substantiating information, considering/respecting of other's input, personal values and ethics.
- Ability to demonstrate effective customer services skills.
- Ability to utilize market research tools and techniques.
- Ability to identify and/or document existing and new trends as well as evaluate and predict their impact on the organization.
- Ability to develop, improve and streamline processes to meet established goals and objectives.
- Ability to effectively manage projects that may vary in nature and scope.
- Ability to manage conflict and demonstrate the courage to challenge organizational thinking and the status quo.
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply related federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply the principles, best practices, and standards of the full life-cycle of recruiting.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Expert proficiency with electronic recruiting resources, such as customer relationship management (CRM) tools, applicant tracking systems (ATS), and job boards.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.