Not ready to apply?
Please sign up to join our Talent Community or update your profile HERE >.
Financial Operations Specialist - Contract/Associate
Jacksonville, FL, United States
Job ID: 7342
Date published: 10-Jan-2019
The Financial Operations Specialist performs VMS invoicing activities for MSP clients and business partners, including monitoring of system approvals, delivery of invoicing files to clients’ Accounts Payable, reconciliation activities and developing standard operating procedures. Researches/resolves errors and ensures accurate resolution. Develops and maintains key indicator reporting and monitors SLA performance as assigned. Requires strong working knowledge of system monitoring, accounting, standard operating procedures, reporting and database design. Provides analysis and management reporting, recommends and implements change in methods and procedures to achieve business goals.
· Provides financial analysis and reporting for select business clients’ activities and performance.
· Ensures all required approvals in VMS tool are complete per program process flows. Makes recommendations to optimize processes and deliver a high level of customer service.
· Supports accurate and timely delivery of invoice files and when necessary communicates delivery to the client.
· Reconciles and resolve invoicing requests from clients and program suppliers.
· Reconciles Outstanding Invoice Report (OIR) to ensure prompt payment and resolution.
· Improves transactional efficiency, including reducing DSO for collections and oversees the payment process to sub-contractor consultants.
· Monitors the accounts receivable and accounts payable department reports to pay third party vendors per the terms of the contract. Notifies appropriate parties of any potential late payments and suggest improvements where applicable.
· Maintains records of activity and requests.
· Provides a variety of reports, as needed for management, clients and business partners.
· Performs root cause analysis of invoicing errors and provides feedback to MSP Finance Manager to avoid similar errors in the future.
· Follows standard operating procedures for all activities and reports process flow issues to MSP Finance Operations Supervisor/Manager.
· Interfaces with internal/external customers and resolves inquiries with a high level of customer service.
· Performs all other duties as requested by Finance Operations Supervisor/Manager.
· Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor Degree preferred with a focus in Accounting or Business desired.
One (1) to three (3) years of staffing industry and/or accounting experience a strong plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
· Capable of handling multiple tasks/problems simultaneously.
· Able to be flexible with new assignments, meet deadlines and redirect priorities in a high volume environment.
· Strong customer service, verbal/written communication, analytical, organizational, interpersonal and motivational skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.