Not ready to apply?
Please sign up to join our Talent Community or update your profile HERE >.
Senior Database Administrator - Direct Hire/Colleague
Jacksonville, FL, United States
Job ID: 6558
Date published: 5-Jul-2018
The Sr. Database Admin serves as a subject-matter expert for the Data Services team and may act as a team lead for a team of Database Engineers or similar roles. Leads database design and development, ongoing production support, and delivery activities related to data services. This role is the first point of escalation for high priority and/or complex requests. Identifies and documents complex business and technical requirements to solve business needs in a cost-effective manner. Creates project timelines and ensures on time completion. Evaluates requirements and provides recommendations that consider all possible solutions. Documents, communicates and executes solution recommendations with limited guidance from the supervisor. Collaborates with the rest of the Business Analytics team to learn the aspects of the business and develop analytic insight. Creates and maintains standards and detailed procedures concerning dataset development. Researches new efficiencies and technologies.
- Analyzes, interprets, and translates all internal client business requirements into specific technical requirements.
- Designs and develops solutions when necessary, works to standardize data model.
- Maintains data standards and enforces SOP.
- Analyzes requirements to ensure technical and SOP impacts are considered. Limits the number of non-standard solutions and escalates with proper documentation when necessary.
- Prepares and provides presentations of project activities and status to stakeholders and senior management.
- Consults with other groups to strategically identify business needs and to clarify objectives.
- Provides top level expertise on data solutions that potentially can be leveraged across the organization.
- Develops and coordinates test plans.
- Works to optimize technology. Continually attempts to improve performance and efficiency.
- Researches emerging technologies and analyzes the benefits of adopting those technologies.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor Degree preferably in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in database management, administration, and development, with a significant percentage working with MS SQL Server.
- Experience with data warehousing.
- Experience with data mining and analytics.
- Experience in the Contingent Labor Management or Staffing industries strongly desired but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.