Not ready to apply?
Please sign up to join our Talent Community or update your profile HERE >.
VP Financial Controller - Direct Hire/Colleague
Jacksonville, FL, United States
Job ID: 6698
Date published: 8-Aug-2018
The Vice President Financial Controller functions as the key financial and strategic counterpart to the Pontoon Senior Management Team. Key focus areas include reporting and forecasting; ensuring smooth interaction processes with Adecco Group Finance; financial leadership through financial planning and analysis; overseeing implementation of strategic improvement initiatives; developing and administering the financial/cost allocation process for intercompany transactions associated with the sharing of resources from the Adecco organization in order to support global activities; supporting critical business decisions and compliance. Function communicates across the Pontoon business unit and the broader Adecco Finance community. Individual is proactive and works independently.
- Develops and improves monthly financial reporting and forecasting of Pontoon Solutions.
- Coordinates with other staff for international reporting roll up and ensures accurate results and forecast representation in MFRP.
- Maintains working relationship with Adecco Group Finance/ Accounting team.
- Provides ad hoc financial analysis to Pontoon Senior Management and suggests, aligns and implements improvement measures.
- Ensures cost control, monitors financial risk, e.g. receivable collection, liabilities, revenue development.
- Develops and manages the intra-company cost allocation model.
- Ensures compliance with accounting standards and local rules/regulations.
- Prepares monthly financial reporting package Client programs including revenue and expense flux analysis.
- Oversees and drives monthly, quarterly and yearly financial review process with Customer Segment Verticals. Manages team of Customer Segment Vertical Controllers.
- Leads the annual budgeting and forecasting process and drives adoption for Global Pontoon.
- Develops, prepares and tracks business cases in order to facilitate strategic decisions.
- Develops and tracks long-term business and financial plans to meet or exceed business unit targets.
- Mentors and provides accounting/finance support in a leadership role to Customer Segment Vertical Controllers and Director of Business Planning and Financial Analysis.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, CPA designation highly desirable.
- Minimum five (5) to seven (7) years relevant company experience. Outsourcing/staffing industry experience a plus but not necessity.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Prior experience in a Big 4 audit firm or in corporate accounting function in publicly held companies preferred but not required.
- Thorough knowledge of outsourcing and staffing services operating environment and financial and management reporting preferred by not required.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience with enterprise financial systems like Oracle, Hyperion preferred but not required.
- Strong analytic and decision-making skills, independent thinker and attention to detail.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Willingness to work in a teaming environment and comfortable with a matrix organizational approach.
- Travel will be required with the potential for a minimum of five (5) days per month.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.