Not ready to apply?
Please sign up to join our Talent Community or update your profile HERE >.
Senior Financial Analyst
Job ID: 6736
Date published: 15-Aug-2018
Pontoon drives the acquisition of permanent talent and manages contingent and project workforce on behalf of an organization. We ensure a superior candidate experience and maximize employer brand. We provide efficiency, flexibility and scalability. We manage and optimize supplier partnerships and leverage the best workforce technologies. We manage risk and give full visibility of an organization’s talent.
Proudly part of The Adecco Group – the world’s leading provider of workforce solutions and a Fortune Global 500 company – the Pontoon team supports clients across the globe in over 100 countries.
The Senior Financial Analyst works with Pontoon Sales team to price business opportunities with clients & prospects. She or He provides financial insight and complex analysis for the operating results of both the Managed Service Programs (MSP) and Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) divisions, under minimal supervision.
· Prepares pricing models for new business opportunities through the use of existing pricing tools and communicates results to management for discussion and approval.
· Collaborates with key stakeholders to develop creative solutions to pricing problems and applies the appropriate pricing strategy.
· Ensures all proposals are comprehensive, responsive and in compliance with company objectives.
· Reviews and critiques terms and conditions of RFP / RFQ’s to limit financial risk and exposure.
· Provides recommendations on the development of pricing models and tools.
· Evaluates and prepares financial analyses of current trends and variances to forecasts and budgets, as well as on deviations of authorized practices and procedures.
· Identifies and creates financial performance metrics and analyzes, calculates and reports on the expected profitability/return on sales for existing and potential customers.
· Utilizes financial management systems, databases and tools, including the development, analysis and distribution of a variety of customized financial reports.
· Recommends and assists with identifying, developing and deploying short- and long-term plans to improve profitability and operating results.
· Partners with management in the execution of process performance assessments, identifies areas of potential enhancements, and implements solutions.
· Understands, appreciates, and reflects cultural and legal differences in decision-making and when collaborating with the Pontoon organization.
· Stays abreast of leading economic, business and industry trends, analyzes operational impact and produces summarizing reports for management.
· Assists with and supports the administration of the division’s annual operating budget(s), including performing forecasting and financial analysis for key performance indicators (KPIs).
· Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or a related field with a minimum of five (5) years of financial analysis experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
· Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously while meeting assigned deadlines.
· Ability to effectively influence others at various levels within the organization.
· Ability to effectively and accurately gather, interpret, report, and use data and other information in conducting responsibilities.
· Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of processes, develop improvements and/or recommend changes or alternatives.
· Ability to identify existing and new trends as well as evaluate and predict their impact on the organization.
· Knowledge of and the ability to understand and apply General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial analysis principles and practices.
· Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and practices of accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures, as well as the ability to prepare and monitor budget information.
· Knowledge of and the ability to utilize automated financial systems and tools, such as Hyperion and Oracle Financials.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook.