Not ready to apply?
Please sign up to join our Talent Community or update your profile HERE >.
Client Services Director
London, United Kingdom
Job ID: 6257
Date published: 7-May-2018
Pontoon drives the acquisition of permanent talent and manages contingent and project workforce on behalf of an organization. We ensure a superior candidate experience and maximize employer brand. We provide efficiency, flexibility and scalability. We manage and optimize supplier partnerships and leverage the best workforce technologies. We manage risk and give full visibility of an organization’s talent.
Proudly part of The Adecco Group – the world’s leading provider of workforce solutions and a Fortune Global 500 company – the Pontoon team supports clients across the globe in over 100 countries.
- To drive the execution of Pontoon’s strategy into a defined client portfolio.
- Responsible for overall client portfolio management.
- Responsible for driving innovation and continuous improvement within client portfolio - this is not a 'maintenance' role.
- Portfolio will exceed £2 million gross margin per annum.
- P&L ownership of portfolio and responsible for maximising direct hiring, adoption of Employed Consultant Model and ensuring that conversion ratios are achieved across the portfolio (e.g. GM to C1).
- Responsible for driving incremental gross margin within portfolio through cross and up-selling.
- Member of virtual senior sales team.
- Leadership role - part of Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
Key responsibilities of the Client Services Director will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Line management of Account Directors within the RPO/MSP business line and matrix management of other teams delivering services into accounts.
- Drive performance of direct reports and their teams.
- Development and coaching of direct reports and their teams.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Account Directors deliver account performance is in accordance with agreed budgets and objectives.
- To drive continuous improvement across a portfolio of accounts within the RPO & MSP sales arena.
- Development of enhanced offerings to client portfolio to ensure market leadership.
- Ensure all Pontoon service offerings are explored with existing clients.
- Design and undertake client workshops to further client engagement and advance solutioning process.
- Responsible for implementing CRM account planning to ensure account development objectives are met.
- Overall management of customer engagement across a defined client portfolio.
- Performing a key role in the corporate ‘virtual sales team’ - supporting new client sales activities through the provision of case study evidence and relevant operational and commercial experience.
- Member of extended sales team at ‘big ticket’ presentations.
- Prepare professional documentation and presentation material to support account development pitches (with support from the bid team where appropriate).
- To enhance client relationships and in doing so develop opportunities for generating incremental fee income within Pontoon’s existing RPO and MSP accounts (role will carry an annual account development fee income target).
- Building senior client relationships in order to ensure account development and growth.
- Moving business up the value chain through building high value/margin business lines.
- Working with Account Directors to implement plans to ensure account development objectives are met.
P&L / Commercial
- Commercial management and responsibility for all aspects of running a designated portfolio of accounts and new business – including P&L creation, ownership and delivery in accordance with agreed budgets and account objectives, commercial modelling, client relationship management, account growth, cross selling, up-selling and operational delivery via the Account Teams and supporting Shared Services.
- Working with Commercial Finance to ensure all proposals are subject to the appropriate financial modelling and legal sign-offs.
- Maximising profitability through optimising operating efficiency, productivity and direct hiring.
- Responsible for ensuring the designated portfolio of accounts performs in line with agreed budget parameters.
- Development of commercial and contractual enhancements to benefit Pontoon. This may include contractual modifications e.g. altering the way that revenue is recognised, as well as introducing new pricing models.
- Working with the Account Teams to deliver accurate forecasting.
- Key liaison point Adecco Group Sales & Bid function
- Management of sales channel partners
EDUCATION & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Proven track record in a similar service delivery business with success demonstrate clearly in terms of activities and results
- Experience of senior management, managing teams within the managed services, outsourcing or business consulting sectors
- Excellent people skills through the use of listening, influencing, negotiation and persuasive skills
- Results and profit focused with excellent analytical skills using financial and qualitative data
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Consistent achievement of targets and achievement of annual client/ portfolio growth of 10%+.
- Demonstrable and consistent achievement of scope expansion within account portfolio e.g. additional revenue generating product lines or expansion of geographical scope resulting in incremental revenue.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding customer satisfaction rating for portfolio and driving innovation / continuous improvement.
- Strong people engagement with GPTW scores for portfolio of >70% and retention in line with Pontoon and UK&I targets.
- Proven track record in effective working capital management with key targets met or exceeded e.g. DSO, missing timesheets, unbilled etc.
- Recognised as a HiPo through the Pontoon internal Talent Process.
- Have held a management level position with a comparable recruitment outsourcing business or relevant professional services organisation.
- Have demonstrable track record of building and growing senior level relationships across a number of clients.
- Be adept at end to end P&L management and driving profitable growth within his/her previous clients.
- Have completed the Adecco UK&I Leadership Development Programme.
- Be ACE compliant.