Not ready to apply?
Please sign up to join our Talent Community or update your profile HERE >.
MSP Program Manager
London, United Kingdom
Job ID: 6639
Date published: 26-Jul-2018
Pontoon drives the acquisition of permanent talent and manages contingent and project workforce on behalf of an organization. We ensure a superior candidate experience and maximize employer brand. We provide efficiency, flexibility and scalability. We manage and optimize supplier partnerships and leverage the best workforce technologies. We manage risk and give full visibility of an organization’s talent.
Proudly part of The Adecco Group – the world’s leading provider of workforce solutions and a Fortune Global 500 company – the Pontoon team supports clients across the globe in over 100 countries.
The MSP Program Manager-SOW manages and is directly responsible for delivering Pontoon’s MSP SOW services procurement solution for a dedicated client program. This role oversees plans, directs and controls phases of the MSP account to increase productivity and encourage program growth within a fair and competitive environment. The MSP Program Manager-SOW works closely with client buyers, procurement stakeholders, and suppliers to ensure program services are aligned to changing needs and contractual service levels. Duties also include managing and providing direction to a team of dedicated program personnel; ensuring resource coverage and ongoing training / development.
• Responsible for client operations and service aspects as well as for the implementation, direction, quality and compliance program adherence, financial goals, and management of a Managed Service Program (MSP) with multiple sites and suppliers.
• Serves as Pontoon program focal and develops partnering relationships with client program sponsor and project buyer communities.
• Develops deep competency knowledge of the historical and projected buying needs of the client and performance of the service supplier community. Use performance feedback and analysis to make recommendations on optimal Supplier utilization or needed rationalization actions.
• Promotes and ensures full use of program VMS systems to ensure optimum, cost-effective, timely and quality services; escalates technical issues to client sponsor or VMS representatives as needed.
• Ensures development and deployment of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to MSP program team, suppliers and client project buyer communities.
• Confirms client’s needed procedural changes and develops / deploys communication plans to impacted suppliers and client users in a timely manner.
• Assess client’s service perception via surveys, site visits, and roundtable forums.
• Collaborates with VMS and Business Analysts to ensure program performance reporting is available to key client stakeholders and performs insightful analysis of operating data; to make recommendations or lead changes to program delivery model or technology.
• Accountable for monthly/quarterly reporting of the MSP on the various metrics that have been established for the program.
• Provides customer with regular updates regarding the MSP, including latest industry trends, best practices internally and externally as well as potential program enhancements.
• Drives program evolution while keeping with client's strategic needs and expands program nationally and globally in cooperation with client.
• Coordinates, communicates and leads the change management efforts related to the MSP, both within Pontoon and the client.
• Provides assigned resources adequate oversight, training and leadership to ensure they reach potential. Acts as the day-to-day escalation contact for program resources within the account.
• Engages Pontoon resources (subject matter experts) and divisions in support of client objectives.
• Supports the Program Director, Program VP and/or assigned Supplier Management support.
• Travel will be required. Works under minimal supervision.
EDUCATION & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor Degree in Procurement, business, or a related field with a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in a corporate or outsourced procurement function.
• Proven procurement track record progression from Buyer roles to Procurement Category Lead roles (preferably with a concentration in IT category and other professional service / indirect spend).
• Experience managing a functional procurement group of several buyers or category specialists preferably in non-mandated environments.
• Reports to Program Director and continues governance, leadership, liaison, and SME responsibilities down to subordinate program team.
• Assists / owns complex procurement transactions beyond coverage of subordinate teams.
• Ability to lead others and provide overall instruction and direction to subordinate team.
• Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing, both in one-on-one and in group presentation settings with various levels of professionals both internal and external.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to professionally and effectively represent the organization as required.
• Ability to perform accurately in a detailed environment while being able to effectively prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
• Ability to self-manage workload, set target dates, meet deadlines, follow processes, and develop and implement project road maps to achieve optimum results.
• Ability to demonstrate high-level customer service to internal and external clients.
• Ability to effectively influence others at various levels within the organization and who represents clients.
• Ability to negotiate pricing and delivery terms with service supplier firms.
• Knowledge of and the ability to utilized best practices in purchasing, procurement and client negotiation.
• Knowledge of and the ability to effectively utilize accounts payable, purchase order, and Vendor Management Systems and tools.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.