Not ready to apply?
Please sign up to join our Talent Community or update your profile HERE >.
Senior Recruitment Business Partner
London, United Kingdom
Job ID: 6335
Date published: 21-May-2018
Pontoon drives the acquisition of permanent talent and manages contingent and project workforce on behalf of an organization. We ensure a superior candidate experience and maximize employer brand. We provide efficiency, flexibility and scalability. We manage and optimize supplier partnerships and leverage the best workforce technologies. We manage risk and give full visibility of an organization’s talent.
Proudly part of The Adecco Group – the world’s leading provider of workforce solutions and a Fortune Global 500 company – the Pontoon team supports clients across the globe in over 100 countries.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Recruitment Business Partner who will based on our client’s site. The client is leading financial institution. You will contribute towards the successful operationalisation of MSP programme in order to deliver against key performance criteria.
Working closely with the client to ensure all contract vacancies are resourced in line with contractual Service Levels. To build and maintain effective working relationships with operational and senior managers within the Bank whilst engaging with the external suppliers where appropriate to build mutually beneficial relationships and ensure an exceptional service offering.
This role requires close interaction with the IT hiring community and for the incumbent to be comfortable with conversations around technology, stakeholder engagement and be able to exercise commercial awareness to MD level.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Management of relationship with the Bank’s hiring community up to and including Managing Director level
- Management of relationships with key stakeholders including budget holders, HR and Procurement where appropriate
- To build an area of expertise within a designated recruitment area of the Bank to enable an increase in Pontoon sourced recruitment, improved workforce planning and reduction in times to hire
- To take in and assist in developing comprehensive job and person specifications with hiring managers
- Work closely with the Pontoon onsite onboarding team providing comprehensive and accurate information at all times
- Recognising, defining and driving appropriate routes to market in conjunction with the Resource Team in Keele
- Ensure all hiring managers receive an appropriate flow of candidates for roles in line with contractual Service Levels
- Ensure all recruitment processes and policies are adhered to at all times
- Provision of timely feedback on all recruitment processes to all relevant parties
- Resolve any service related issues and escalate to Programme Manager/Account Director as appropriate
- Sharing knowledge and experiences with other Resourcing Partners and Pontoon delivery teams to engender an environment of continuous improvement
- Challenge processes with the Head of Client Services to ensure development and improvement throughout the life of the contract
- Providing regular updates to candidates and hiring managers throughout screening and on boarding process
- Keeping abreast of market trends, competitor activity etc. and providing information and advice to regional Heads and hiring managers to contribute to and improve recruitment strategy
- Supporting with the management of existing contractor community – rate increase negotiation, termination meetings etc.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationship with 3rd party suppliers, arranging briefings where appropriate, providing timely feedback and actively monitoring performance
- Actively contribute to the overall development of the Programme through service excellence, idea generation/innovation and sharing of operational best practice
Specific responsibilities may vary and other tasks may be introduced to meet the changing demands of the business.
- Communicates with authority, with the ability to negotiate and influence others
- Presents, explains and interprets information accurately, clearly and in an appropriate way to both candidates and Pontoon employees of all levels
- Chooses the most appropriate method and style of communication in each situation
- Listens to other people’s ideas, suggestions and identifies individual needs
- Ensures a professional personal appearance and dress code are adhered to at all times
- Emphasis on ensuring a high quality service is given to candidates at all times focusing on attention to detail
- Able to handle a variety of candidate situations with no assistance
- Highly professional and polite manner
- Ensuring that delivering a first class customer service is priority to facilitate business growth
PLANNING AND ORGANISING
- Self-motivated to set and prioritise work schedule and manage time effectively
- Thinks ahead and pre-empts potential problems
- Pro-active approach
- Maintains accurate records and reports
- Highly flexible approach to react to changes within the business, quick to identify which tasks are a priority
- Able to build and maintain positive and open working relationships with colleagues locally and remotely
- Ensures that all parties understand their individual and collective responsibilities
- Works effectively with the Team Manager to understand current objectives and to provide solutions
- Displays an awareness of own personal strengths and weaknesses and recognises development needs
- Faces all challenges and problems with a sense of responsibility and self-management, following issues through to resolution
- Initiates new ideas to the Team Manager and strives for Best Practice and Right First Time methods with both confidence and optimism
- In-house / agency recruitment industry experience, ideally within Financial Services
- Senior stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Basic understanding of temp employment legislation
- Investment Bank policies and procedures
- Office /business systems and processes
- IT skills including Excel and Outlook
- Must show themselves to be loyal and able to handle confidential work
- Will need to demonstrate a background with very strong internal/external customer focus and evidence of gathering/analysing and resolving business issues in recruitment focused environment
- Already displays many of the key competencies outlined above, critically communication, gathering/recording, planning/organising and teamwork
- Strong working relationship with colleagues at all levels across the business
- Be methodical in all areas
- Strong communication and resourcing skills are essential