Not ready to apply?
Please sign up to join our Talent Community or update your profile HERE >.
Data Conversion Analyst
McLean, VA, United States
Job ID: 6570
Date published: 9-Jul-2018
Job description for Data Management Consulting Resource:
The data management resource will be working as a member of the data management work stream and will be actively analyzing, cleansing, extracting, transforming and creating clean data files needed for data conversion activities. The resource will be working with business leads as well as IT SMEs in understanding the functionality and architecture of the legacy application(s) poised for replacement with the target ERP system and will be preparing data files based on the functional/technical design for the conversion object. He/she will be supporting the data cleansing activities either via scripts or other methods identified. The resource will be participating in the design discussions with the system integrator and will be working with all the stakeholders in providing necessary data files in the required format. The resource will be working with the testing team during various test cycles (Unit, Integration, System, User Acceptance, etc.) .
• Expert level will have Specific Costpoint data conversion skills (Conversion, Cleansing, Profiling, Assessing Data Quality, ETL etc.)
• Programming background consists of writing packages/procedures/functions/DDL/DML/Tuning
• Self-starters with quick learning curve on existing application landscape
• Target system will be Oracle based but source systems are a combination of Oracle, MS SQL and COBOL based (JAMIS ERP)
• Experience with RICEW (Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Extensions and Workflow) in a large-scale ERP will be a plus
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and dealing with a diverse group of stakeholders/Data owners
• Excellent Documentation and Communication skills
• Knowledge of industry leading ERP packages (Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards, Deltek Costpoint, etc.)
• Prior experience handling data related to JAMIS ERP and/or Deltek Costpoint ERP systems will be a plus
• Experience with Supply Chain systems data (Oracle, Ariba, iValua, etc.) will be a plus
• Federal Contracting awareness (Acquisition vehicles such as GSA Schedules, GWACs, AWACs, IDIQs, etc.)
• Federal procurement and pricing methods (FFP, T&M, Cost Plus, etc.)
• Industry recognized programming certification (Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, Microsoft SQL etc.)
• Experience with Web Services is not required but will be a plus (SOAP, REST APIs, etc.)
• Experience with ETL tools (IBM DataStage, Ab Initio, Informatica, Talend, etc.) is desired.