Not ready to apply?
Please sign up to join our Talent Community or update your profile HERE >.
Business Intelligence Developer - Direct Hire/Colleague
Toledo, OH, United States
Job ID: 7226
Date published: 5-Dec-2018
The Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for the design and development of analyses as well as modifications to existing analytics within Pontoon’s Business Intelligence Platform. The Business Intelligence Developer is expected to deliver high-quality, timely solutions and services that meet the needs of the organization and implement best practices into development. Core responsibilities include transforming business requirements into reports, modules, and visualizations in a straightforward, organized, and scalable manner.
The ideal candidate for this role will have some business intelligence development experience with a strong desire to learn best practices and advanced developer skills. Experience within the human resources or talent acquisition and management industries are considered a plus.
- Partners with BI Leaders, Project Managers, and SMEs to evaluate the feasibility of and provide timetables for executing requirements.
- Translates business requirements into meaningful, clean, and scalable visualizations built according to established Pontoon Business Intelligence & Analytics best practices.
- Partners with DBAs to ensure optimal data organization to enable efficient reporting capabilities.
- Provides production support for published Business Intelligence solutions.
- Evaluates requirements and connect to the proper data sources at the appropriate aggregation level.
- Researches and learns new technological capabilities to drive our offerings forward
- Utilizes Iron Python scripting to improve product quality and effectiveness.
- Provides hands on Business Intelligence reporting and support for all Business Intelligence & Analytics team members as needed.
- Proactively identifies and creates efficiencies within and across products
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Business, Technology or a related field with a minimum of three (3) years of experience in a business intelligence analytics role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing, particularly with the ability to clearly, calmly, and politely explain complex data and technology concepts.
- Ability to proactively establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Prior experience working as part of a team with a common goal and shared responsibilities.
- Demonstrated experience in Tibco Spotfire development.
- Ability to understand end-user needs and assist in the development of business analytics products.
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical skills and pick up new technologies quickly.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a group or team environment.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously while meeting assigned deadlines.
- Ability to identify how best to visualize a given data set and to create those visualizations.
- Ability to transform business-level requirements to actionable dashboards and visualizations.
- Experienced with technologies utilized in the human resources or talent acquisition/management fields and their resultant data.
- Iron Python scripting experience preferred but not required.
- Direct experience working with and manipulating raw data, familiarization with data aggregation levels.
- Experience in the staffing and contingent workforce industries is highly desirable.
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.