Not ready to apply?
Please sign up to join our Talent Community or update your profile
Reston, VA, United States
Job ID: 6482
Date published: 14-Jun-2018
Pontoon is looking for a ERP Specialist that will support the Costpoint user community and ERP development team in the use, design, development, configuration and testing of ERP modules. Works on multiple functional tasks that tend to be of medium to high technological complexity. Seeks to maximize the ERP value proposition by identifying and recommending largely functional and some technological solutions to improve business processes, extend ERP functionality and meet internal and external reporting requirements. Works on one or more projects as a team member. Acts as a subject matter expert, provides production support and is a continuous improvement catalyst for one or more ERP functional areas.
- Administer Costpoint and Cognos applications and maintain system security, patching and upgrades.
- Provide user support for multiple Costpoint financial areas (accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, project setup, cost revenue, billing, employee, cost pools, fixed assets, and procurement).
- Create complex Cognos report, dashboards and active reports.
- Troubleshoot performance issues, investigate critical system errors, capture traces, and analyze logs.
- Write and update technical documentation such as users' manuals, product specifications, and training materials
- Assist in system testing of upgrades, patches new modules and Implementations. Coordinate and execute various test plans including unit, system, regression, UAT and integration
- Participate in continuous-improvement efforts to enhance performance and provide increased functionality.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- 3-5 years of comprehensive hands-on experience in administering Costpoint.
- Prior experience designing, configuring, testing, mapping and documenting the processes/workflows of ERP systems .
- 3-5 years Cognos report authoring for Deltek Costpoint.
- MS SQL Server & Oracle scripting
- Must be proficient with MS Access and MS office Suite of products.
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science, MIS, Accounting or related field from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
- Required - Knowledge of Costpoint and proven ability to apply this knowledge within a business context while supporting the operational and reporting needs of the business.
- Familiar with core business process including but not limited to Order to Cash, Procure to Pay and Record to Report.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills required for both helping end users and interacting with management with minimal oversight.
- Adheres to internal procedures and suggests improvements if needed. A strong sense of teamwork is a must.
- Ability to take ownership of problems, work alone or with others to follow them to a successful resolution.
- Ability to gather and analyze facts, draw conclusions, define problems, and suggest solutions.
- Ability to plan and manage concurrent tasks, assignments, projects, and deadlines.
- Ability to prepare detailed written instructions and documentation.
- Strong organizational, administrative and documentation skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.