Not ready to apply?
Please sign up to join our Talent Community or update your profile
Cyber Security Engineer
Suitland, MD, United States
Job ID: 6686
Date published: 7-Aug-2018
Pontoon Solutions is looking for a Cybersecurity Engineer that is passionate about cloud and network security with specific experience with the Federal RMF and/or FedRAMP requirements with a focus on Amazon AWS GovCloud. If you want to join a company that values individuals with a strong networking background and a desire to securely design and implement new technologies for a large agency, we want you to work for MetroStar!
You’re a great fit if…
- You have experience with networking and cloud cybersecurity requirements for the Amazon AWS GovCloud
- You have experience implementing cybersecurity policy and requirements for security cloud services, managing continuous monitoring and vulnerability management requirements and developing security artifacts and documentation required to successfully obtain a FedRAMP/Agency Authorization To Operate
- You enjoy implementing and maintaining solid cybersecurity best practices
- You have experience with planning, researching, and designing cybersecurity processes and procedures, identifying appropriate cybersecurity tools.
- You have experience with researching security standards and regulations and applying them to various environments.
- You’re passionate about building cybersecurity into cloud development and implementation
You’ll love our Cybersecurity Engineer position if…
(This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- You have 2+ years of experience with cybersecurity, the RMF process and the NIST 800-53 security controls, the Federal RMF and/or FedRAMP
- You have 2+ years of experience working with the Risk Management Framework
- You understand FedRAMP requirements
- You understand cloud networking and associated security requirements for cloud configurations
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field OR the equivalent combination of education and work experience, a baseline security certification, such as CISSP, ISSEP, or Security+ CE
We’ll REALLY love you if….
(This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out)
- You have an AWS Certification as a Solution Architect Associate or Professional
- You have experience with integrating security into the system development life cycle
- You have experience with vulnerability scanning and forensic tools
- You have knowledge of Agile development practices and software development and experience integrating cybersecurity into those processes
What your day will look like:
- You’ll work with a team to implement a cloud solution
- You’ll also provide guidance and direction for cybersecurity planning, implementing security principles, and using general security management best practices
- You’ll provide day-to-day support for providing direction for monitoring implementation of the required security controls, testing for compliance, and developing the associated documentation for a FedRAMP/Agency approval to operate
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.