Not ready to apply?
Please sign up to join our Talent Community or update your profile HERE >.
Business Intelligence Analyst - Direct Hire/Colleague
Toledo, OH, United States
Job ID: 7343
Date published: 10-Jan-2019
The Business Intelligence Analyst independently produces insightful market and business analytics. This includes external economic/global business trends, client specific analytics and overall program key performance indicators (KPI’s) and service level agreements (SLA’s). Ensures all requests are completed with a high level of customer satisfaction and accuracy. Acts as a project manager for all analytic deliverables coordinating with Pontoon executives, corporate partners and developers to ensure an on time and high-quality product is delivered. Communicates and documents insightful account of analytic trends to internal and external customers. Develops, maintains and summarizes KPI’s, ensuring metrics provide a clear picture of performance against contractual service level agreements (SLA). Utilizes strong technical skills coupled with business intelligence and a deep understanding of customers’ needs to deliver valuable reports on each recruitment engagement.
Evaluates all requests while considering best practices and Pontoon Standards to ensure solution tools are utilized whenever possible, preventing the number of manual workarounds. Evaluates all requests for first level approval and if escalation is necessary, gathers all relevant information and presents to Business Intelligence Consultant. Designs data specifications for analytic requests/initiatives and collaborates with MSP Reporting Analysts for execution. Ensures data delivered by MSP Reporting Analysts have a high level of integrity and consistently applies standard validation procedures to all deliverables. Creates and updates procedures for all requests delivered on a schedule. As assigned, develops statistically derived analytics such as projections, forecasts or predictive regression models. Partners with the Data Warehousing and Development team to ensure products and data are delivered accurately completing validation as needed. Works to deliver analytics to make programs more efficient, deliver faster, and leaner. Serves as a thought leader in the area of reporting and analytics to program teams.
- Responsible for research & development of statistical projections/forecasts and mathematically derived correlation analysis.
- Provides written explanation of results/trends to Pontoon Executives and independently is proactive taking the initiative to modify presentation of results based on knowledge of business trends. This data may contain cross-client analytics, cross-client data, macro-economic data, and/or client data.
- Utilizes software and numerous reporting technologies to define metrics, develop actionable recommendations, and identify process improvement opportunities.
- Works with Pontoon leadership, Business Intelligence Consultant, and clients to develop in-depth and insightful analytics while ensuring optimal design for development and written analysis.
- Acts as project manager for new client implementations and existing analytic deliverables coordinating with leadership, implementation, corporate partners and Reporting Analysts to ensure reporting design is optimal following the Pontoon standard while capturing all MSA reporting requirements, delivery is on time and a high quality, insightful and accurate product is delivered.
- Performs quality assurance testing of Reporting Analysts’ deliverables, provides feedback and clear expectation of responsibility.
- Owns production of analytic documents until design is finalized and identifies supporting tasks to delegate to the Reporting Analysts.
- Collaborates with Reporting Analysts to create detailed procedures; to include validation and quality assurance steps.
- Develops presentation of data trends that are scalable for reproduction and provides business insight. Communicates design and interpretation best practices to internal and external customers.
- Works to leverage existing functionality and standardize scope of reporting products aligning to the Pontoon Standard.
- Follows established protocols and approval process; creates customized analysis only as necessary and reviewed with Business Intelligence Consultant.
- Utilizes case management system to manage, monitor, and track all reporting requests from internal and external clients.
- Executes all reporting analytic requests per standard reporting guidelines. Effectively delivers analytic requirements by following production schedule.
- Communicates status and communicates per the escalation matrix.
· Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Finance, or Business
Two (2) to five (5) years’ experience in business analytics, project management and/or statistical modeling
Experience in the staffing industry, strongly desired but not required
Experience with VMS tools, such as Fieldglass, IQNavigator, Provade or Beeline, and/OR ATS tools, such as BrassRing, PeopleFluent, Avature, Taleo, or SuccessFactors, strongly desired but not required
Experience with business intelligence tools such as Spotfire, Business Object, Domo, Tableau, Cognos, or equivalent, strongly desired but not required
Experience with statistical software, IE, SAS, Statistica, R, or SPSS, strongly desired but not required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
· Ability to perform accurately in a detailed environment while being able to effectively prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously
· Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including advanced formula writing within Excel
· Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills