Not ready to apply?
Please sign up to join our Talent Community or update your profile HERE >.
Vice President of Proposal Management
Virtual, London, United Kingdom
Job ID: 7006
Date published: 10-Oct-2018
Pontoon drives the acquisition of permanent talent and manages contingent and project workforce on behalf of an organization. We ensure a superior candidate experience and maximize employer brand. We provide efficiency, flexibility and scalability. We manage and optimize supplier partnerships and leverage the best workforce technologies. We manage risk and give full visibility of an organization’s talent.
Proudly part of The Adecco Group – the world’s leading provider of workforce solutions and a Fortune Global 500 company – the Pontoon team supports clients across the globe in over 100 countries.
The Vice President of Proposal Management provides strategic direction and leadership across the Pontoon bid team. Accountable for the timely delivery of high quality bids and proposal produced across the Pontoon portfolio of solutions. This role will ensure that the bid team is set up with the right resource skills, writing and industry experience and location to support the Pontoon sales and current client expansion goals. When required supports sales presentations by explaining the details of the Pontoon proposed solution, can articulate the value of RPO, MSP and Total Talent solutions.
- Owns, shapes and drives the internal relationship that the bid function holds with other key teams within Pontoon, such as Sales, Solution Design, Marketing.
- Serves as a subject matter expert (SME) on bid management process, identifies opportunities and recommends plans to create differentiation in the Pontoon bid responses.
- Develops sales tools and assets, as well as delivers training for sales / bid professionals in support of defined goals and objectives.
- Collaborates with sales and solution design (and other internal teams) and other business partners to foster engagement and collaboration through the bid process.
- Directly and indirectly coaches, mentors, trains and supervises employees while fostering an environment that promotes personal and professional development.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Review and make ongoing recommendations with regards to the bid process, ways of working and technology options to streamline the bid process and ensure the right content is used in the proposals.
- Build and maintain relationships with Pontoon partner companies (within and external to the Adecco Group i.e. Penna, LHH, Beeline) to ensure that client solutions / bid content is crafted with the most suitable content and industry specific messaging.
- Cultivates and identifies opportunities that increase the sustainability of Pontoon’s existing client relationships through improved and updated solutions.
- Stays abreast of industry/market information and trends to ensure the development of optimal best in class solutions
EDUCATION & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in bid writing and proposal management or equivalent combination of post school education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience with project management, bid writing and communications, in addition to experience in sales and/or relationship management within the recruitment industry is a must and human resources would be preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Skilled in selling new or enhanced existing products and services to new or existing customers using innovative techniques.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to manage projects that vary in nature and scope.
- Ability to effectively influence others at various levels, both internal and external of the organization.
- Ability to define, launch and grow innovative products and services by interpreting client needs and requirements and translating into customer business value.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of internal and external organization.
- Knowledge of Bid management software and content quality auditing tools.
- Ability to drive change across an existing team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.