Not ready to apply?
Please sign up to join our Talent Community or update your profile HERE >.
Solution Engineer - Direct Hire/Colleague
Virtual, Virtual, United States
Job ID: 7266
Date published: 17-Dec-2018
The Solution Engineer serves as the Vendor Management System (VMS) functional expert for an implementation lifecycle from the end of the sales cycle through program launch by designing, developing and validating the end-to-end solution design utilizing a VMS technology. Oversees all related VMS activities, including requirements gathering, data and solution analysis, solution design, sign-off and documentation, system configuration/conversion, change management, testing, solution validation and training. Leads all other VMS functional groups in a project matrix reporting structure during implementations.
· Serves as the Vendor Management System (VMS) liaison to internal and external organizations for deployments.
· Facilitates the process to articulate the most effective and efficient solution recommendation incorporating Pontoon best practices and leading industry trends to meet the client-specific objectives.
· Contributes to Implementation and Sales Teams regarding VMS implementation and conversion timelines, policies, procedures and operational model design.
· Understands and facilitates dialogue around all positive and negative design implications of a future Pontoon MSP/VMS solution for assigned clients and internal organizations.
· Designs, validates and deploys the VMS application and associated project components.
· Serves as primary lead for the VMS Solution and ensures all milestones are met within the specified contractual relationships and agreed timeframes.
· Develops and maintains project plans, logs, actions, status reports, etc. that support, enhance and manage the VMS application deployment.
· Provides affected Corporate Teams with accurate and timely information regarding Pontoon back-office and set-up and invoicing requirements.
· Manages/leads the discovery and design activity of VMS related business requirements in the areas of VMS application workflow, hierarchy design, business process, functionality utilization, interface requirements and invoice and reporting output.
· Facilitates requirements gathering and JAD sessions with customer user groups and internal Pontoon teams.
· Defines and documents the detailed process flow, business, architecture, integration requirements and decision points for the VMS solution.
· Presents formal business requirements and Pontoon MSP/ VMS Solution to Internal and Client teams for sign-off.
· Serves as leader and provides direction and oversight to ensure effective team foundation and successful VMS implementations.
· Develops Pontoon MSP/ VMS Industry Best Practice knowledge and tools. Maintains knowledgebase of VMS tools and best practices that apply to Pontoon’s solutions.
· Conducts functional demos on VMS/technology solutions.
· Designs the solution as a subject matter expert during deployment and acts as the main liaison to internal and external departments for the client solution and contributing to best practices/ lessons learned for refinement of service offerings.
· Performs as "the expert" in VMS solution recommendations, including organizational structure, processes and technology for the solutions being proposed.
· Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
Four (4) years implementation experience as a functional lead in service and/or technology industries.
Four plus (4+) years of contingent labor management or MSP industry experience.
Four plus (4+) years of experience in process design, implementation, consultation and sales support in a lead or key responsible role.
Process re-engineering, solution design and development including technology integration and implementation experience.
Strong Project Management methodology experience in planning, integration, resource, risk, cost and scope management.
Sales presentation experience.
Prior MSP/VMS design and implementation experience.
Consulting industry background preferred but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
· Ability to interact with all levels of staff and management.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Access and Outlook.