The Programme Manager is responsible for the operational service delivery of the aligned MSP services of a programme ensuring the programme is delivered to its contractual aims and objectives, management of a dedicated service team, matrix management of supporting services and assisting the Head of Client Services to achieve service excellence.
The MSP Programme Manager manages and is directly responsible for delivering Pontoon’s MSP services solution for a dedicated client programme. This role oversees, plans, directs and controls the MSP account and team to ensure the operational services are delivered to the contractual SLAs whilst maximising all of the opportunities available. The MSP Programme Manager works closely with hiring managers, key stakeholders, suppliers and the Head of Client Services and the wider Pontoon team to ensure programme services are aligned to changing needs and contractual service levels. The Programme Manager will also be responsible for managing and providing direction to a team of dedicated programme personnel based onsite and matrix management of an offsite team; ensuring resource coverage and ongoing training / development.
- Responsible for client operations and service aspects as well as for the implementation, direction, quality and compliance, financial goals, and management of a Managed Service Programme (MSP) with multiple sites and suppliers.
- Uses performance feedback and analysis to make recommendations on optimal operational goals and areas for improvement
- Promotes and ensures full use of programme VMS systems to ensure optimum, cost-effective, timely and quality services; escalates technical issues to client sponsor or VMS representatives as needed.
- Ensures development and deployment of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to MSP programme team, suppliers and client project buyer communities.
- Confirms client’s needed procedural changes and develops / deploys communication plans to impacted suppliers and client users in a timely manner.
- Assess client’s service perception via surveys, site visits, and roundtable forums and uses this feedback as an opportunity to improvement
- Collaborates with VMS and Business Analysts to ensure programme performance reporting is available to key client stakeholders and performs insightful analysis of operating data; to make recommendations or lead changes to programme delivery model or technology.
- Supports monthly/quarterly reporting of the MSP on the various metrics that have been established for the programme.
- Provides customer with regular updates regarding the MSP, including latest industry trends and best practices internally and externally
- Delivers key continuous and process improvements to increase programme effectiveness and drive productivity and service evolution
- Coordinates, communicates and supports the change management efforts related to the MSP, both within Pontoon and the client.
- Manages a team of dedicated resources to ensure they are working towards the programme goals, and are working to optimum levels
- Provides assigned resources adequate oversight, training and leadership to ensure they reach potential.
- Acts as the day-to-day escalation contact for programme resources within the account.
- Supports the Head of Client Services and Client Services Director.
- Travel will be required. Works under minimal supervision.
- Other tasks and duties as instructed by the management team
Education & Job Requirements
- Experience of managing a large-scale MSP or RPO programme
- Proven track record of delivering against objectives and managing an outsourced solution to a KPIs / SLAs
- Previous experience of managing a team of recruitment professionals
- Evidence of team development.
- Prior experience of driving performance to optimal levels
- Experience of escalation management and implementing checks, controls and balances.
- Experience of using data to inform decision making
- Ability to lead others and provide overall instruction and direction.
- Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing, both in one-on-one and in group settings with various levels of professionals both internal and external.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to professionally and effectively represent the organisation as required.
- Ability to perform accurately in a detailed environment while being able to effectively prioritise, organise and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to self-manage workload, set target dates, meet deadlines, follow processes, and develop and implement project road maps to achieve optimum results.
- Ability to demonstrate high-level customer service to internal and external clients.
- Ability to effectively influence others at various levels within the organization and who represents clients.
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilise best practices in talent, resourcing and client negotiation.
- Knowledge of and the ability to effectively utilise accounts payable, purchase order, and Vendor Management Systems and tools.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.