Not ready to apply?
Please sign up to join our Talent Community or update your profile HERE >.
Global Head of Business Development
Job ID: 7119
Date published: 6-Nov-2018
Pontoon is a global HR outsourcing company specializing in improving an organization’s talent. We manage the contingent workforce and statement of work resources on behalf of our clients, as well as source and recruit direct hires. Pontoon’s approach results in significant cost savings and revenue improvement, increased worker quality, workforce insight and greater regulatory compliance. A division of Adecco with operations in nearly 100 countries and with more than 1,500 colleagues worldwide, the Jacksonville, Florida-based organization delivers solutions to more than 150 industry-leading companies.
Aligned with a global market segment, the Global Head of Development will drive the sales process for new client wins, current client expansions as well as ensuring successful renewals. You will actively identify new business opportunities, introduce strategic solutions and develop a sales strategy to find and convert opportunities into new wins. Additionally, in close partnership with the Global Head of your aligned market segment, the Global Head of Development is responsible for being dedicated in their sales approach, anticipating and overcoming objections throughout the process, and providing strategic and customized solutions. As the sales leader of your segment, you will actively take part in ensuring growth targets are met and exceeded. As a member of the segment leadership team, you will participate in and help to influence overall segment strategy and success measures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, construct and maintain an ever-expanding pipeline of leads within a defined global market segment utilizing your expert knowledge of competitor information and market conditions
- Utilize Pontoon’s CRM to maintain and document sales funnel progression and relevant status updates
- Determine the sales strategy for winning each qualified opportunity and manage it through the full sales cycle
- Keep apprised of competitors’ status and market activity and position Pontoon above them in sales presentations and negotiations
- Maintain a holistic view of the account portfolio within their market segment taking care to understand contract expiration dates and closely manage renewals
- Work cooperatively with the segment delivery leaders to capitalize on any expansion opportunities within the segment
- Be regarded by both colleagues and clients as an “expert” of the total talent solutions business in relation to the range of service solutions and delivery mechanisms available to current and potential clients
- Collaborate with the bid, solution design and implementation teams to achieve Pontoon’s objectives and negotiate deals to maximize full revenue potential; including strategically pricing business to ensure gross margins meet/exceed target objectives
- Collaborate with the global product leads to ensure solution offering is fit for purpose across all markets
- Partner with subject matter experts within Adecco Group and external industry experts to continue to enhance the Group’s service offerings
- Develops alliances with VMS/ATS Vendors, Technology/SI Vendors and other business partners to expand solution offerings and pipeline
- Represent Pontoon and the segment at industry events; plan and execute customer and prospect round tables / other events in alignment with overall segment strategy
- Depending on segment strategy and overall activity funnel, may have management responsibility over direct report(s)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proven history of identifying and implementing successful sales strategies along with analytical expertise of sales processes and metrics
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Skilled in communicating and interacting effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of staff and management, in one-on-one and group presentation situations
- Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships and networks
- Ability to collaborate and influence peers and other colleagues in a matrixed environment
- Ability to develop and implement sales strategies, procedures, goals and objectives
- Proven track record in selling complex, global, solutions with a consultative sales approach.
- Ability to strategically plan and serve as an incentive for sales growth
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally at times on short notice and as required for the role
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Adept at establishing and managing to KPIs and SLAs
- Proficient with MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as Pontoon’s CRM, Salesforce.com and the ability to learn new software is required